Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Coupling of ASR+MT: Initial Experiments & Future Directions

Speaker: Ian Lane

Title: Tighter Coupling of ASR+MT: Initial Experiments & Future Directions

Abstract:
In this talk, I will first give a brief overview of my PhD work entitled "Flexible Spoken Language Understanding based on Topic Classification and Domain Detection", and describe how the proposed approaches can be applied to applications other than speech-to-speech translation. I will
then describe my current work which focuses on improving coupling between ASR and Machine-Translation Systems, specifically, when applied to conversational speech. Finally, I will propose future directions for which I hope to receive a large amount of feedback.

1 comment:

kunal said...

Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details. flexible couplings manufacturers India , torflex gear coupling .